Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Too Many Options...

At home, I use Mozilla Firefox for my web browser. They've recently released the second version, and it's full of awesome features I can use, like spell check, integrated FTP transfers, etc. Along with the classic Firefox functions, like tabbed browsing, these upgrades make Firefox an easy and quick browser for the avid internet surfer.

I just started using Firefox at work too, since I like to spell check my listings, and I can have more than one website open and not have it look like I'm spreading my attention thin to anyone looking over my shoulder (indicated by the number of open windows seen in the Windows task bar).

However, Microsoft has now released Internet Explorer 7, which is a completely redesigned web browser from the Explorers we've known in the past. It's got the tabbed browser feature, plus it's got this really soft, overall look to it (rounded corners, nice graphic font on webpages, etc... almost "Mac-like"). It doesn't have an integrated spell check, but the Google toolbar I have installed will check any web forms I've got open with a click of a button. I'm not sure about the FTP function, but I imagine there's an add on somewhere for one.

So now I don't know which browser to stick with. My heart says Firefox, simply because it's the underdog (for now, anyways), and is the antithesis of a "big box" browser (to me, Microsoft is like the Walmart of the internet). But the look of the new Explorer 7 is really nice! I'm torn... does anyone have any opinions??

Labels: , ,