Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Stink Trees and Daisies

This morning I get a call from my landlord, saying a tree cutting company is coming to get rid of the tree that's rubbing up against the house. If it got any bigger, it probably wouldn't be good for the house's foundation, either. I took a look at it and realized that it was a Stink Tree, or an Ailanthus Tree- just like the ones that are all over Toronto! I guess they're a problem for any city. Anyways, there were huge trucks all over, and it was a big ordeal. Lots of noise and men in hats.


And then, as I was looking through Sidereel.com, I noticed that there were new episodes of Pushing Daisies! I absolutely love this show; the writing is witty, the premise is unique (a guy can touch dead people and bring them back to life) and the main character is, IMHO, super cute. I just love his bushy eyebrows.

I also got to watch the Dead Like Me movie, which was good, but not great. It was cool to hear them all use cuss words... cause when you're a grim reaper, I'd imagine there'd be a lot of swear about.

So it seems that my day was taken up by a lot of death... the death of a tree, and some macabre creativity. A good day, I think!

*** It's also my sister-in-law's birthday, and my cousin stopped by for a visit, but I didn't want to mention those two things during my "death" themed blog. :) ***