Monday, August 18, 2008

Rested. Relaxed.

That's what I am. After a fantastic weekend up at Becky's cottage, I'm feeling young again, and more peaceful. There's just something about swimming in that lake. Lake Muskoka. It's so good.

This morning however, I was jolted out of my cottage country reverie when some stupid-ass cyclist came whipping out of an alley and caused me to crank on my brakes. I was like, 1cm away from hitting him. Stupid asshole.

Peace was restored yet again, though, when I had a successful trip to the DMV. License renewed! And in less then 15 minutes. They're pretty efficient!

When I got home from work, I found two birthday cards in my mail box. Early, but nonetheless appreciated. One from the ever-diligent Aunt Lucinda and Uncle Bill. And the other from my dad and Shirl, with a note to check my bank account. Those kind of notes are always good!