Thursday, January 17, 2008

eBay Anti-Cookie Swap!

Every year (and sometimes twice a year), my fellow employees and I get together and swap some goodies. We had a "Christmas in July" swap this past summer, so we switched things up a bit and went for anti-cookies only. We also decided to push it back into January, since we were all so busy prior to the holiday. Plus, sweets in January just makes sense.I made holiday rice crispy treats. Holiday, because I was able to buy some red and green "jimmies" (sprinkles) for 75% off at Chapters (I always feel a bit weird buying edibles from a bookstore, but they're just compacted sugar, so I figured it'd be safe enough). I'd never made rice crispy squares before, and I was not prepared for the HUGE MESS it made of my kitchen, but they turned out well! Here are some pics for you to drool over...










You can see more photos and descriptions of what each goody is on my Flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravenswift/2203641767/