Thursday, April 19, 2007

If We All Follow The Rules, Cycling Will Be Safer... well, duh.

Yesterday, on my way home, some courier wannabe passed me on the right, only to get stuck at a red light 30 feet in front of us. I pulled up casually beside him and said (loudly, since he had headphones on), "You should try to pass on the left." He said I was too far over to the left for him to pass (which is total BS), and so I told him he should have used his bell to let me know to squeeze right so he could pass. I looked down at his handle bars, and I don't even think he HAD a bell. WHAT?!? Insanity, riding in the city without a bell. Also, completely illegal!!!

I says to him I says, "I'm just telling you what I've read about proper cycling." He didn't respond. The light turned green and off he went. I yelled after him, "Have a nice day!" I think I heard him say thank you.

I should've said, "If we all follow the rules, cycling in the city will be much safer." Cause, really, that's the whole point of having rules!

Labels: , , ,