Monday, February 12, 2007

THE SHINS ARE COMING THE SHINS ARE COMING!!!

So yeah. The Shins are coming to Toronto, and I can't wait to go see them. Tickets go on sale starting on Thursday, but I signed up for their fan club, so I can get advanced tickets. That's how much I love them!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!

So, I'm looking through some Shins lyrics right now... I was going to post my favourite song. But honestly, I love ALL of their songs. I also don't really listen to the lyrics all that much- I'm more of a melody girl. I know, I'm missing out. Anyways... here are the lyrics for one my most favourite Shins songs... but you should listen to it, since the music is why I actually like it so much (also, I'm not sure how accurate these lyrics really are)! It's called Pressed in a Book.
Doted on like seeds planted in rows
The untied shoelaces of your life.
Nurtured all year, then pressed in a book
Or displayed in bad taste at the table.
Problems arise, and you fan the fire.
While there's a wild pack of dogs loose in your house tonight.
Cut from bad cloth or soiled like socks
Add it up and basically people never change.

They just talk and make plans in the dark.
Or make haste with ideas that can't help but creep good people out.
As you talk to me, too much you're assuming.
We don't always want what's right.

Did I strike the right set of chords? You're annoyed.
The goal is to ignite you then move on.
You feel ill at ease, you got no squeeze.
And the wise cracks won't make you more stable.
You've learned your lines, to scale and to time.
Why must I remind you that I'm only less able.
Cut from bad cloth or soiled like socks.
We're ordinary people, we can't help but to...

Change as we walk and make plans in the dark.
Or make haste with the boy who can't help but creep good people out.
As you talk to me, too much you're assuming.
We don't always want what's right.

Two fallen saplings in an open field.
Snow padding gently on an empty bench.
Old woman's jewelry lying unadorned.
Cold nesting robins allied for the first time.
I know when you hear these sappy lines, you'll roll your eyes and say, "nice try".

Labels: , , , ,