Friday, February 09, 2007

Little Ol' Invisible Me

I know I'm easily lost in a crowd, as in... I blend in, I'm fairly forgettable, etc... but lately, at work, it's been getting a little ridiculous.

When I talk to a certain co-worker of mine, I get the feeling he's not listening to me. I can say something to him, and then two minutes later he'll repeat what I said, claiming he'd just thought of it himself! Here's an example:

Him: This email is from a guy claiming the pinhole adapter we sold him doesn't work on his camera.
Me: What camera does he have?
Him: (looks through the email again) Here's the problem, he's trying to put it on an A100. Of course it won't fit on the A100.
Me: No- you're thinking of the Minolta Dimage A100, which the adapter will not fit on. But it will fit onto the Sony Alpha A100 DSLR.
Him: The Sony Alpha isn't the A100.
Me: Yes it is.

*two minutes later*

Him: OH! I get it! I was thinking of the Minolta point and shoot camera, the A100. He's got the Sony Alpha A100, which the adapter should fit on!

See what I mean?!? BAH! So frustrating. Then, at the end of the day, he says to another co-worker, "Look what I found here- our Henry's eBay info page is full of dead links, missing photos, and incorrect information!" It's great that he's actually looking for problems that need fixing, but I had pointed that exact page out to him the day before, noting the problems. BAAAAAAAAAAAH!

It's like he doesn't think I'm smart enough. Or, because I'm a woman, he just dismisses anything I say. Or, he wants to get credit for thinking of everything. I don't know. There are so many improvements that need to be made here at work, things I've been mentioning for years (I'm not exaggerating... years). But of course no one listens to me!

However, I sent a list of "suggested improvements" to my boss yesterday, and he did actually just call me to tell me he looked it over, and will consider some of the ideas next week when he's got more time. *sigh* Finally, some acknowledgment.

Labels: , ,