Monday, February 26, 2007

GO! at CBC

This Saturday, Stef and I went on an early morning adventure to see a live recording of the CBC radio show GO! with Brent Bambury. It was pretty cool! But is it worth getting up super early on a Saturday, you ask? Why yes! I think it is!

Scott ThompsonThis Saturday's guests were Scott Thompson, Jean Yoon, Olivia Chow and GO! correspondent Dan Misener, who were all defending their favourite rags in a special episode of "Canada Skims... Magazines", a spoof on the popular Canada Reads series (which starts today/tonight on the CBC, catch it at 7:30pm on 99.1 FM).

Scott Thompson was his usual hilarious, cute self (I couldn't get over sweet his smile was... gap and all)! I'd never heard of Jean Yoon, but she did a commendable job of promoting the magazine Shameless... she ended up winning the debate. Scott was defending OK! Canada, Olivia was trying to get us to read Gardening Life, and Dan's favourite was the shopping magazine Lou Lou.

Rockin Out Musical guest was Spiral Beach, a great pop quartet from Toronto. We saw them a few months ago at the Gladstone, and their energy blew me away. They're the reason I wanted to go to the recording. And they didn't disappoint. Brent handed out ear plugs before the show, since the band was set up so close to the audience, but I said no thanks! They played awesome.

All in all, I think it was a great experience to see how a live audience radio show is put together. I wonder if anyone heard my cheers and clapping!

To see more photos from that day, click this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravenswift/sets/72157594556301857/

Holy links, Batman!!