Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Update...

I know it's Wednesday already (a bit late for a "weekend update"), but I'll catch you up on the last few days of my life (If you're interested... you are, aren't you? I hope so. Actually, I don't really care. This is my journal!)

Rainy Rear Wind Sheild Vertical Last night I waited over half an hour to get on a streetcar at King and Church. INSANITY! Really, it shouldn't take that long. Especially during rush hour... isn't that when the streetcars are supposed to be running even more frequently? Two cars passed that were making short turns, causing everyone huddled in the shelter to run out, only to be turned away by the driver. What a pisser. Then, I noticed a car heading southbound on Church turning onto King, but I didn't catch it in time. I asked the "track adjuster" guy if he had a radio, to see if there was a problem. "I just move the tracks," he said. Whatev. I finally got onto a streetcar (another one on Church), and made it home for 6:45pm. A full hour later than I normally do. Crazy how much the rain affects streetcars. It's more the stupid cars that don't know how to drive in the rain, I think. That's what I gathered from the TTC employee when I asked why there was a such a long delay. Hmmm...

Last weekend was fun, and tiring. Friday I stayed in and watched movies (Click, Thank You For Smoking and Proof), because I knew Saturday was going to be a loooooong day. I worked the Digital Imaging Show out at the International Centre for Henry's. Woo hoo! I got to sell and rip tickets all day! Still- I like working the show. It's fun to see the hoards of people and the new products, chat with co-workers I don't normally see, AND it counts as a vacation day.

Saturday night, we all went to the Gladstone (not for karaoke, but for the Eagle Eyes dance party that was happening in the Ballroom Cafe)... it was $10 to get in, but I think it was well worth it. The band (Spiral Beach they were called), were AWESOME. Kids, really, but talented kids. I was like, "If I had a band in high school, it would be THIS band." And then all of sudden, some chic grabs my shoulders. She yells, "Kari Gignac?" and I yell back, "Katie Pula???" Katie went to high school with me (we actually shared the role of Arts Rep on student council one year), and she was visiting friends for the weekend (she currently lives in Amsterdam... must be nice, eh?) I was blown away.

Every time that happens, and it happens more often than you'd think, it takes a while for me to get over it. Seeing people from my past in Toronto; it just doesn't make sense to me. I could live in Windsor (pop. 120,000) for 10 years and not see people from high school at all. I come to Toronto (pop. 2 million?) and I see fellow students ALL the time. Well, not all the time. But like I said, more often than I would've thought. It's great. I love it. I loved high school, and anything that reminds me of it (like that band, or seeing Katie), puts me in a state of euphoria for about 6 hours (the beer probably helped, too).

Sunday was spent recovering (yes, too much beer), and watching television. It feels like I watch more television now, compared to when I had cable. I'm not sure if it's because I'm actually watching it more, or if it's because I have less to choose from, so it feels like I'm watching more. Either way- it's gotta stop soon... I'm beginning to feel like a loser. But that's my own problem. LOL