Tuesday, September 26, 2006

You Know What Sucks?

Being stood up. You know what sucks even more? Not knowing if you've been stood up, or if the guy's grandma or dog died, or if he's gone out of town, or if he's just forgotten about the date.

Here's what happened. I met a guy through MySpace (I know, *groan*)... and we'd been emailing back and forth for a couple weeks. We met up for lunch the day I left for my Vancouver trip, and it went well, I thought. Then, I email him when I get back, and he says he's busy for the next couple weeks, but that he'd love to see me again. Great, all is well in the world- I just have to wait until he contacts me, letting me know he's got some spare time.

A week goes by, and then finally we talk, via MSN Messenger (*groan*). We make plans to get together a week later, and I suggest Chino- a bar on Queen West where I kinda know the owner, and the possibility of a free shooter or two is a bonus. The date we set was yesterday- 8pm. I called him up at around 6:30pm, to confirm, and maybe to set a new meeting place, cause I realized that Chino was closed on Mondays. We also hadn't talked since we initially set the date the week before. I got his answering machine, so I left a message. I called again an hour later, and left another message. I called again- just after 8pm, and left another message. And I haven't heard from him yet. So- that's that.

I'm feeling kind of bummed out about it- but not really, since I don't know exactly what happened. Did he change his mind, and decide not to meet up with me, or to respond to my messages? Or did something happen to him? Or maybe he just got busy again with work? I dunno. Either way- he better have a damn good excuse.

It's hard not to be bitter about things like this. I see all of my friends, and they're all in relationships of some sort (be it blissfully common law, adventurous long-distance, casually attached at the hip, or booty call-iscious), and I keep thinking, "What the hell is wrong with me?" I'm 29, average height, average weight, average average average. Maybe that's what it is. I'm the girl that's extremely easy to forget about. I know this- it's been a recurring problem my whole life. So- wah wah wah... why can't I find an equally average man to complement me?