Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Holy Crap!

I'm going to Vancouver tomorrow! It hasn't reeeally sunk in yet, I don't think. I'm sure tomorrow it will... at the very latest when I leave my apartment for the long TTC ride to Pearson!

There was a slight hiccup in my plans this morning, when I heard on the news that the town of Tofino has a major water shortage, and that most non-necessary businesses had to stop using water. I called my hostel, and they said the best idea was to cancel! So I did... and freaked out for about 5 minutes. Then I looked into a hostel in Ucluelet (just south of Tofino), and booked a bunk at the Surfs Inn Guesthouse and Backpackers Lodge. Phew. I think it's strange though, that even though Ucluelet is only about 40km south of Tofino, there's no water shortage in Ucluelet. Hmmmmm... weird. Ah well. I've heard that Ucluelet is just as nice as Tofino, but a little more low-key, which is fine with me!

I'm all packed. I think. I hope I'm not forgetting anything. If I do- I'll just have to buy one of whatever it is I forgot out west (first stop, a bookstore to find Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein, and then to the tattoo shop)!

YAYAYAYAY!!!