Thursday, July 20, 2006

Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Beer?

Last night I realized that I've gone out drinking for the past six nights in a row. Phew! Didn't I say I was trying to cut back a bit?!? Seems like that's not going to happen.

Last night was the TPMG July Social. We went to Mr. Greeks in the Beach, and it was great to sit, eat excellent Greek fare and talk about cameras for a few hours. See more pics HERE.

Tuesday night was book club. We read The Long Walk by Richard Bachman (AKA Stephen King). Julia picked a nice, light book since we rarely have any thought-provoking discussions at our get togethers. The book was good, and BBQ we had was a good time. CLICK HERE to see the pics from that night.

Monday night was my bi-weekly magazine meeting, which always involves a couple drinks. I did take it easy though, until I stopped at a jerk chicken place to try and finish The Long Walk (I don't like jerk chicken, and I'd already eaten, so I ordered a Corona). From there I went to see my cousin Allison Brown play at the Groovy Monday's Open Mic Night at the NOW Lounge. Watching Al sing is always a good time!

Sunday night Allison and I went to see her friend Tressa (and Little Jimmy's Chicken Pickers) play at Mitzi's Sister. What a great show! It's awesome when you can't stop the cat calls from escaping your throat! See my attempt at concert photography HERE.

Sunday afternoon was spent on the lakefront, chillin' in the shade and watching Mike turn into a monkey. We hit the drum circle at Sunnyside that evening, which was awesome. So different than the Trinity Bellwoods circle, but just as cool (think quality, not quantity). More pics HERE.

Saturday evening I went to see The Devil Wears Prada with Maria and Joyce. It was a great movie, but not recommended for straight men. Obviously. Now I'll read the book and compare. Meryl Streep was amazing, and I'm kinda glad I saw the movie first; I'll be able to picture her character in the book that much easier! That night we went to the Harbourfront Centre to see a bunch of old Soul, Funk and Reggae legends... it was an awesome show. And free!!! God I love the Harbourfront!

Friday night... sheesh. I don't even want to think about Friday night. Let's just say it was a looooooong night at Chino, but it felt really short. LOL!