Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Un-Domestic Goddess?

I'm sick of not knowing how to cook. And I'm sick of not being able to keep plants alive. This year- I will change all that!!!

If anyone has any cooking tips- let me know. Send me some easy recipes at karigignac@hotmail.com.

I'm going to really try to cook more often, and I'm not talking pasta and sauce from a tin mixed with frozen vegetables. I need to learn what herbs and spices taste good with what foods in what amounts and I need to learn about uncooked portions as compared to cooked portions.

Last week, I made tuna pasta salad, and I made so much elbow macaroni, I had to split it in half and freeze what I couldn't use right away. Lesson #1- pasta does not freeze well. Lesson #2- neither do cucumbers. Is it common sense? Am I just a complete dolt?!?

And then again, last Thursday, I wanted to make just enough pasta to cover that evening's dinner and Friday's lunch. I'm still eating it now!! Dammit!

The problem is, it's no fun cooking for yourself. I don't have the motivation to experiment, or try new recipes. If it's just going to be me eating it, I tend to just make some Kraft Dinner or a frozen pizza. Meh. I need to cut all starch out of my diet. MEH!