Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dreams and Ideas

Last night I had another tornado dream. We were at my dad's house, there was a BBQ going on. I just remember looking out the front bay window, and seeing a huge funnel cloud touch down in the yard, then rise up again. I ran through the house, yelled "TORNADO! EVERYBODY IN THE BASEMENT!" and then jumped down the stairs (literally- I took the first step down, and then hopped over the side and did a drop roll at the bottom). Then I ran into the furnace room, squeezed behind the furnace and water heater, and crouched down. I remember that whoever was with me was complaining about it being cramped, but all I could think was, "Look at all the old LPs down here!" I proceeded to browse through all the records I found. Weird.

I dream about tornadoes ALL the time. I have no idea what it means. This one was short, but sometimes they're more like nightmares, longer and scarier. I've dreamt about being on top of a skyscraper and seeing multiple funnel clouds all around me; I've seen the Flatiron Building being taken away by a tornado; I've watched a tornado go casually down my old street in Lambeth, Ontario; even dreamt of a cartoon tornado with googly eyes visiting me at my grade school. I know- it's weird.

And now for the "idea" section- I had a great eureka moment on the streetcar this morning. They should put NEWSPAPER RACKS on the streetcars! Imagine how much cleaner the cars would be, and the newspapers could be re-used! This struck me after the person sitting in front of me threw the paper he was reading onto the ground (and half onto my feet). I was like, "UGH, Litterer." But, where else is he supposed to put it, if he doesn't want to keep it? Someone get me the mayor!

** photo courtesy of utahweather.org