Tuesday, March 21, 2006

David Suzuki's 70th Birthday...

... is on Friday (the same day as Beth's, actually). I got an email a couple days ago, with a link to send Mr. Suzuki a birthday greeting! Isn't that just the best thing ever? Except that, wait! It's supposed to be a surprise... I wonder how often Mr. Suzuki reads my blog? If you want to send him a greeting, just let me know and I'll send you the link.

Anyways- here's what I wrote to him:

Dear David,
Just a quick note to say THANK YOU for being such an
outspoken advocate for Canada's environment, its flora and fauna rights and for
your hard work on your quest for a safe and enjoyable country.

I went to hear your lecture on Sustainability at the University of Toronto,
with Jack Layton, and I was enthralled by your passion and your knowledge. You
truly are a perfect example of a determined, conscious Canadian, representative
of all that we as Canadians should strive to be.

Here's to your 70th year with us on earth, looking forward to at least 30 more!

Sincerely,
Kari Gignac

P.S. Just so you know, if you ran for Prime Minister, I'd vote for you
hands down. I'd probably go running through the streets celebrating, actually!