Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Weekend Update with Kari...

Friday I watched Wallace and Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. It was awesome! Classic W&G. The best part was learning how to make a plasticine bunny from the Special Features. They're SO CUTE!!!

Then I watched Elizabethtown. A bit disappointing. I expected more from one of my favourite directors. My all-time fave movie is Almost Famous, also directed by Cameron Crowe. Elizabethtown was a bit more mushy. And it reminded me of Gardenstate, way too much (which is another one of my all-time faves, so I was like, "been there done that, hello!!!?!"). Elizabethtown did have an excellent soundtrack though! And Orlando Bloom was nice to look at for two hours. The famous road-trip that he takes from Virginia (I think that's where he was) to Oregon was the best part of the movie, and I wish Crowe would've played that up a bit more. Oh well.