Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Mmmmm... Salad King.

Went to Salad King with James (my old neighbour) and Jackie (my co-worker) for lunch today. MAN is that place "the shit", or as the Spaniards would say Esta Cabrown (this is a throwback to our conversation at bookclub last night, about how Spanish people have sex in English. Don't ask me, ask Maria).

I had the usual- Thai Islamic Noodles, medium spiceyness. Noodles, with shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, peppers, and lemongrass, in a coconut milk panang sauce (ahem- ALL of my favourite things). I'm shuddering (in a good way) just thinking about it! YUM! So good- it's not even on the menu. You have to ask for it specially.

But the best part about Salad King is the menu. It's full of grammar and spelling mistakes, in an endearing sort of way. The spicey scale is as follows:


LOL- 20 Chili = Can get stomach upset. Are you kidding me?!? I would DIE if I ate something that spicey. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to spice (as everyone knows).

Another thing that rocks about Salad King- on the menu is the Kari Noodle... Kari- that's me!! HA!