Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm fed up!

That's it. I'm gonna give myself until Sunday, look at some more places, and if I haven't found something by then, I'm taking the basement apartment on Palmerston ($700 incl). The pros and cons of this place are as follows:

PROS:
clean ceramic tile throughout
fairly big apartment overall
big bathroom with bathtub
proper kitchen with fridge and stove
big closet in bedroom
utilities included, including cable
great neighbourhood

CONS:
no laundry
landlord lives on main floor- privacy issues? lease agreement states "tenant must agree to not make noise or have visitors after 11pm on week nights"... just the fact that restrictions like that can be made is worrisome to me, but maybe I'm over analyzing.
small-ish bedroom
no cats allowed- this is actually my biggest complaint :(

So- am I crazy not to jump on this? Meh... I don't know.

I'm going to look at this place on Gerrard Street right now.