Monday, December 05, 2005

MMMuffins...


No- not from the store... from scratch! I made these sweet sweet muffins, and they're super tasty. Here's the recipe...

Banana Crunch Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup + 2 tblsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
1 banana mashed
1 banana, chopped
1 1/2 cups granola (it's supposed to be 1/2 cup, and then 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup of shredded coconuts, but I didn't have walnuts and I hate coconut)
2 tblsp. banana chips (I didn't have these, but I wish I had!)

- Preheat oven to 350ยบ F. Line or grease 12 muffin cups.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in egg, milk, vanilla and butter. Fold in mashed banana, chopped banana, granola, walnuts and coconut. Scoop into muffin tins. Sprinkle with banana chips.
- Base for 25 minutes or until knife insterted into centre of muffin comes out clean. VOILA!