Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Holy Smokes! Things at work are so crazy now... people are quitting left and right, and instead of hiring more people, my supervisor is shuffling us around! So- from now until Christmas, instead of coming into the job a know and love everyday, I'll be invoicing... the most boring, banal, mind-numbing labour of all. Oh- and I get to answer phone calls from irrate customers. BAH!

I have to tell you about my dream last night.
The first thing I remember is eating pizza with my family in my kitchen back home. Except that in the place of the garbage can was a toilet, and my mom was there (she passed away 6 years ago). So, I was on the toilet, and my mother offered me a slice of pizza and when I refused because I was "in the middle of something" she got all offended and through the pizza down and stormed out. I wonder what that means??
The next thing I remember, my brother was living above the garage (this was not at my home, it was a place I'd never seen before), and I went up to visit him there. I don't remember anything else from that scene, except were clothing racks of his old shirts and hats and I was trying them on).
But this is the crazy part. I was with my friends Jay and Mark (old friends, that I haven't spoken to in like, 5 years), and we were driving out of the city (Windsor) to my house (in Essex). All of a sudden, there's flood waters everywhere! But the odd thing was, the fireworks were still going. Then I hear a LOUD BOOM and I look back, and there's a huge fire at some old warehouse (a building I vaguely remember from somewhere, but I can't place it). Then fires start breaking out all over the place, and I see a huge explosion. I remember screaming (and hearing someone else scream, which I think was me in real life, cause it was a quiet squeezed out scream like when you're trying to be quiet, since I was sleeping, weird, eh?). Anyways- I remember screaming and then the flood waters were coming up all around us. And there was this baglady on a bike/shopping cart in front of us riding through the flood waters.
And then I heard my roommate's cat crying outside my bedroom door and woke up.
Crazy. A nice change from the regular tornado nightmares I normally have though.